RECYCLING PICKUP IN OMAHA, NEBRASKA
According to the Environmental Protection Agency, the average person generated approximately 4.5 pounds of waste per day in 2017—adding up to about 267.8 million tons of waste in a year in the U.S. alone. 139.6 tons of that waste ended up in the landfill.
Recycling at home, in the office, and on construction sites gives you the opportunity to make a significant impact on our planet—for the better. At Abe’s Trash, we’re here to help make “making a difference” a little easier with construction, commercial, and residential recycling pickup services throughout the Omaha area. Not only do we offer curbside pickup, but we also offer single-stream recycling services. With recycling services from Abe’s Trash, you’ll save time from driving to nearby recycling facilities and from meticulously sorting your plastics, metals, and paper.
What are the Benefits of Curbside Recycling Pickup Services With Abe’s Trash?
At Abe’s Trash service, we’re dedicated to making your life easier and helping our environment easier through our curbside recycling pickup services. Curious what the benefits of recycling with us are? Here are some of the top benefits to consider:
- Spend less time sorting your materials. We provide single-stream recycling which allows our customers to put all their recyclables into one bin without sorting. This saves you time from sorting out your plastics, metals, and papers into separate bins, and saves you the stress of accidentally mixing materials.
- Save gas from driving to the nearest recycling facility. Choosing to bring your own recyclables to the nearest recycling facility can cost extra time and gas. Take your positive environmental impact a step further and let us pick up your recycling for you while we’re already out making our rounds!
- Divert excess waste from going to the landfill. Once landfills are full, we start bringing waste to the next. There are multiple ways you can decrease the amount of excess waste in landfills, from composting to recycling. Abe’s can help extend the life of our local landfills with responsible recycling.
- Conserve energy and natural resources. Recycling diverts waste from being landfilled or incinerated. This conserves energy since it takes less energy to produce new products from recycled materials and saves natural resources that sometimes cannot be replaced.
Additional benefits of recycling at home, in the office, and at the worksite include:
- Tapping into a domestic source of materials, therefore increasing economic security
- Creating jobs in the recycling and manufacturing industries
- Preventing pollution
What Materials Can I Recycle?
- Aluminum and Tin: Rinse containers
- Aerosol Cans and Paint Cans: Must be empty
- Paper: newspaper, magazines, brown grocery bags, telephone books, catalogs, office paper, envelopes, cereal boxes, beverage boxes, frozen food packages, and juice boxes
- Cardboard: clean corrugated cardboard boxes or shipping boxes under the bin. Break down or cut the boxes so they are flat
- Plastic: Rinse out containers. We accept number 1 – 7 plastic containers. To recognize look at the bottom of the container for the recycling symbol 1 – 7
- Plastic Bags
- Soiled Paper
- Tissue Paper
- Paper Towels
- Wax Coated Paper
How Recycling with Abe’s Trash Works
We have outlined below our methods of recycling the different products found on a construction site. We are flexible in our methods and willing to work with you if you have any changes or requests.
Scrap Wood and Pallets
20-yard | 30-yard | 40-yard dumpster
All scrap wood will be ground into mulch. We are able to keep the wood from this particular job separate. If you would like, we can return it as mulch when you are ready to plant shrubs and trees at the end of the project. When we grind them into mulch, we are able to separate the nails from the mulch. Acceptable wood pallets are 48” x 40”, 2 way or 4 way, no pallets over 6’.
20-yard | 40-yard dumpster
All scrap steel will be taken to the recycling plant of your choice, we usually use Alters or Lakeside. The check for the steel will be sent directly to you. We will bill you for the haul and keep track of the weight of each load.
20-yard | 40-yard dumpster
We are able to take cardboard, aluminum, tin, newspaper, magazines, #1 and #2 plastics, and office paper together in one container. Glass must be kept separate from these materials to ensure that it does not contaminate the other materials.
Glass must be kept separate from all other recyclable products. We will haul all glass to First Star Fiber to be transferred to a processing plant.
All concrete will be recycled or used for erosion control in rural areas.
Drywall will be mixed with yard waste and manure at our compost site. We use the compost as fertilizer in corn fields.
Call Abe’s Trash for Commercial, Construction Site, and Residential Recycling in Omaha!
Together, we can make a difference by making small changes every day. With recycling pickup services from Abe’s Trash, introducing more sustainable practices at home and work is easier than ever. Contact us today to get started!
By recycling last year we kept 35 million pounds of material out of the landfill!