Residential Recycling Pickup in Omaha, Nebraska
Doing what is right for the environment isn’t always easy, which is why we’re committed to making recycling pickup easy for those living in the Omaha area. Some of the changes you’re making to go green will inevitably take a little extra time and effort. Without recycling services, it can be difficult to find the time to sort your plastics, metals, and paper into separate bins, and drive them to a nearby recycling facility. So when you’re already trying to switch to an ethical and sustainable wardrobe or join the carpooling lane, curbside recycling service seems common sense.
What are the Benefits of Curbside Recycling Pickup Services With Abe’s Trash?
At Abe’s Trash service, we’re dedicated to making your life easier and helping our environment easier through our curbside recycling pickup services. Curious what the benefits of recycling with us? Here are some of the top benefits to consider:
- Spend less time sorting your materials. We provide single-stream recycling which allows our customers to put all their recyclables into one bin without sorting. This saves you time from sorting out your plastics, metals, and papers into separate bins, and saves you the stress of accidentally mixing materials.
- Save gas from driving to the nearest recycling facility. Choosing to bring your own recyclables to the nearest recycling facility can cost extra time and gas. Take your positive environmental impact a step further and let us pick up your recycling for you while we’re already out making our rounds!
- Divert excess waste from going to the landfill. Once landfills are full, we start bringing waste to the next. There are multiple ways you can decrease the amount of excess waste in landfills, from composting to recycling. Abe’s can help extend the life of our local landfills with responsible recycling.
Our customers can use an 18-gallon bin or a 95-gallon cart for recycling.
Instead of throwing recyclable materials in with your trash simply put them in a bin, place curb side on recycling collection day. You do not have to worry about sorting them.
Recycling diverts waste from being landfilled or incinerated This conserves energy since it takes less energy to produce new products from recycled materials and saves natural resources that sometimes cannot be replaced.
- Aluminum and Tin: Rinse containers
- Aerosol Cans and Paint Cans: Must be empty
- Paper: newspaper, magazines, brown grocery bags, telephone books, catalogs, office paper, envelopes, cereal boxes, beverage boxes, frozen food packages, and juice boxes
- Cardboard: clean corrugated cardboard boxes or shipping boxes under the bin. Break down or cut the boxes so they are flat
- Plastic: Rinse out containers. We accept number 1 – 7 plastic containers. To recognize look at the bottom of the container for the recycling symbol 1 – 7
- Plastic Bags
- Soiled Paper
- Tissue Paper
- Paper Towels
- Wax Coated Paper
We provide a dumpster and all recyclable items from the Residential Recycling list above can be placed in the dumpster, no sorting required.
Container Size Options:
- 2 cubic yards
- 8 cubic yards
We have become very active in our efforts to recycle and helping our customers become active in recycling as well.
We have outlined below our methods of recycling the different products found on a construction site. We are flexible in our methods and willing to work with you if you have any changes or requests.
Scrap Wood and Pallets
20 yard | 30 yard | 40 yard dumpster
All scrap wood will be ground into mulch. We are able to keep the wood from this particular job separate. If you would like, we can return it as mulch when you are ready to plant shrubs and trees at the end of the project. When we grind them into mulch, we are able to separate the nails from the mulch. Acceptable wood pallets are 48” x 40”, 2 way or 4 way, no pallets over 6’.
20 yard | 40 yard dumpster
All scrap steel will be taken to the recycling plant of your choice, we usually use Alters or Lakeside. The check for the steel will be sent directly to you. We will bill you for the haul and keep track of the weight of each load.
20 yard | 40 yard dumpster
We are able to take cardboard, aluminum, tin, newspaper, magazines, #1 and #2 plastics, and office paper together in one container. Glass must be kept separate from these materials to ensure that it does not contaminate the other materials.
12 yard dumpster
Glass must be kept separate from all other recyclable products. We will haul all glass to First Star Fiber to be transferred to a processing plant.
12 yard dumpster
All concrete will be recycled or used for erosion control in rural areas.
20 yard dumpster
Drywall will be mixed with yard waste and manure at our compost site. We use the compost as fertilizer in corn fields.
By recycling last year we kept 35 million pounds of material out of the landfill!