RECYCLING PICKUP IN OMAHA, NEBRASKA
According to the Environmental Protection Agency, the average person generated approximately 4.9 pounds of waste per day in 2018 — an 8% increase from 2017. The good news is that recycling and composting rates have steadily increased over the last 60 years, from 6% of all municipal solid waste (MSW) in 1960 to 32.1% in 2018.
Recycling at home and using recycling services in the office or on a construction site gives you the opportunity to make a significant impact on our planet—for the better. At Abe’s Trash, we’re here to help make “making a difference” a little easier with construction, commercial, and residential recycling services throughout the Omaha area. Abe’s Trash recycling services save you time and money – no more driving to local recycling centers to sort your plastics, paper, and metals. Our curbside pickup and single-stream recycling services make it easy for you to do your part to save our planet.
What are the Benefits of Curbside Recycling Services With Abe’s Trash?
At Abe’s Trash we’re dedicated to making your life easier and helping our environment with our curbside recycling pickup services. We’ve been providing affordable and reliable recycling services to the Omaha area for over 60 years. Curious what the benefits of recycling with us are? Here are some of the top benefits to consider:
- Spend less time sorting your materials. We provide single-stream recycling, allowing our customers to put all their recyclables into one bin without sorting. This saves you time from sorting out your plastics, metals, and papers into separate bins, and saves you the stress of accidentally mixing materials.
- Save gas from driving to the nearest recycling facility. Choosing to bring your own recyclables to the nearest recycling facility can cost extra time and gas. Take your positive environmental impact a step further and let us pick up your recycling for you while we’re already making our rounds!
- Divert excess waste from going to the landfill. Once landfills are full, we start bringing the waste to the next. There are multiple ways you can decrease the amount of excess waste in landfills, from composting to recycling. Abe’s Trash can help extend the life of our local landfills with responsible recycling.
- Conserve energy and natural resources. Recycling diverts waste from being landfilled or incinerated. This conserves energy since it takes less energy to produce new products from recycled materials and saves natural resources that sometimes cannot be replaced.
- Reduce pollution. Pollution is a major problem in our world today, and it’s important to do our part in reducing it whenever possible. Recycling helps reduce water and air pollution by conserving energy and resources.
- Creating a source of recycled materials in the United States. Recycling taps into a domestic source of materials, therefore increasing economic security.
- Creating jobs in the recycling and manufacturing industries. On average, recycling creates nine times more jobs than traditional trash removal.
- Supporting the local economy. Profits made from selling recyclable materials rather than leaving them to waste in a landfill can be used to help support local businesses and the economy. Choosing a locally owned and operated business like Abe’s Trash for your recycling services is another great way to support your community in the process!
What Materials Can I Recycle?
- Aluminum and Tin: Rinse containers
- Aerosol Cans and Paint Cans: Must be empty
- Paper: Newspaper, magazines, brown grocery bags, telephone books, catalogs, office paper, envelopes, cereal boxes, beverage boxes, frozen food packages, and juice boxes
- Cardboard: Clean corrugated cardboard boxes or shipping boxes under the bin. Break down or cut the boxes so they are flat
- Plastic: Rinse out containers. We accept numbers 1 – 7 plastic containers. To recognize look at the bottom of the container for the recycling symbol 1 – 7
- Plastic Bags
- Soiled Paper
- Tissue Paper
- Paper Towels
- Wax Coated Paper
How Recycling with Abe’s Trash Works
Residential Recycling Services
Commercial Recycling Services
Construction Recycling Services
We have outlined below our methods of recycling the different products found on a construction site. We are flexible in our methods and willing to work with you if you have any changes or requests.
Scrap Wood and Pallets Recycling
20-yard | 30-yard | 40-yard dumpster
All scrap wood will be ground into mulch. We are able to keep the wood from this particular job separate. If you would like, we can return it as mulch when you are ready to plant shrubs and trees at the end of the project. When we grind them into mulch, we are able to separate the nails from the mulch. Acceptable wood pallets are 48” x 40”, 2-way or 4-way, no pallets over 6’.
20-yard | 40-yard dumpster
All scrap steel will be taken to the recycling plant of your choice, we usually use Alters or Lakeside. The check for the steel will be sent directly to you. We will bill you for the haul and keep track of the weight of each load.
20-yard | 40-yard dumpster
We are able to take cardboard, aluminum, tin, newspaper, magazines, #1 and #2 plastics, and office paper together in one container. Glass must be kept separate from these materials to ensure that it does not contaminate the other materials.
Glass must be kept separate from all other recyclable products. We will haul all glass to First Star Fiber to be transferred to a processing plant.
All concrete will be recycled or used for erosion control in rural areas.
Drywall will be mixed with yard waste and manure at our compost site. We use the compost as fertilizer in corn fields.
Call Abe’s Trash for Commercial, Construction Site, and Residential Recycling Services in Omaha!
Together, we can make a difference by making small changes every day. With recycling services from Abe’s Trash, introducing more sustainable practices at home and work is easier than ever. Contact us today to get started!
We kept 35 million pounds of waste out of the landfill last year! Think of what we can accomplish with even more recycling efforts!