Yard Waste Removal in Omaha
Want to get rid of those pesky autumn leaves or tree debris? Have a landscape redesign planned and don’t know where else you can take all those materials without having an adverse effect on the environment? Look no further than Abe’s Trash Service! We offer professional yard waste removal services for homeowners/business owners in the Omaha area who are tired of lugging around bags after finishing their yardwork.
If you’re looking for a way to be environmentally conscious and reduce your trash collection frequency, then look no further than our yard debris removal services. By disposing of all leaves, branches, or flower beds in an independent manner from regular trash pick-up, we can reuse them instead in a way that is beneficial to our environment.
Interested in learning more about our Omaha yard waste removal services? Contact us online or call us today at (402) 671-0568!
How to Dispose of Yard Waste and Other Compostable Materials
If you’re sick of dealing with yard waste and debris, we have the perfect solution for you! Our yard waste removal service will take care of all your green waste disposal needs, so you can relax and enjoy your yard. We offer a variety of yard debris removal services to fit your needs, and our experienced team will make sure the job is done right.
Most yard waste collection companies have a long, complicated list of dos and don’ts that makes getting rid of your yard debris a headache. With Abe’s Trash Service, yard waste removal is easy! To ensure your waste is collected and disposed of properly, we ask that you do the following:
- Branches must be cut down to less than four feet and bundled.
- Place all accepted waste in paper yard waste bags or in a 32 gallon or smaller container with no liner.
- If a larger container is needed, Abe’s Trash is happy to provide a 90-gallon waste cart.
Our Yard Waste Removal Services
The goal of our yard waste removal program is to remove compostable waste separately from your regular trash and recycling services. However, our yard waste services do not collect all compostable materials—plastic “compostable” bags, for example, will not be accepted.
We do collect the following materials as a part of our green waste disposal and yard debris removal services:
- Grass clippings
- Food scraps
- Outdoor plants
- Household plants (must be removed from the pot)
Our yard waste removal services also include:
- Tree debris removal
- Tree branch disposal
- Brush disposal
- Disposal of shrubs
- Grass disposal
Things to Keep in Mind About Yard Waste Removal
- Yard waste services come at an additional monthly cost.
- Yard waste pickup services run from April 1 through November 30.
- Abe’s will not accept any plastic bags (even compostable plastic bags) as a part of yard waste.
The Importance of Yard Waste Recycling
In addition to removal of yard debris from your home, Abe’s Trash Service is also passionate about recycling this debris so it can be used responsibly to benefit the environment. The nutrients from organic material can be used as fertilizer or made into mulch. Wood from tree limbs and branches or tree removal can be used as firewood or building materials.
Omaha residents can make a difference to their community by recycling yard waste rather than throwing it away in a dumpster or in their regular trash cans. The city of Omaha benefits when its residents are responsible with their disposal of trash and yard materials. By scheduling yard removal services separately from your standard trash pick up, you are making the choice to preserve landfills, protect the environment, and give back to your community.
More Reasons to Recycle Compostable Yard Waste Separately From Garbage
Contrary to popular belief, yard waste can have negative effects on the environment when not disposed of properly. This is why it’s important to choose a responsible provider of green waste disposal services, like Abe’s Trash Service. There are several common ways that people use to dispose of their yard debris that is actually harmful:
- Landfill Dumping — Not only do cities have limited space for their landfills, but yard waste left in landfills also contributes to air and water pollution.
- Street Dumping — Purposefully blowing leaves and other yard trimmings into the street can cause storm drains to become clogged, which often leads to flooding. Not to mention, any chemical fertilizers that make it into storm drains can end up in the water sources of the area, harming the nearby communities and wildlife.
- Burn Piles—Using a burn pile for large amounts of yard debris also causes air pollution and is a serious fire hazard.
Call to Schedule Yard Debris Removal Services
If you are ready to schedule yard material pick up services, reach out to Abe’s Trash Service now. We can provide you with a yard waste dumpster for your convenience or you can use paper yard waste bags. We are more than happy to answer any questions you have about our services.